Video Vault App
Video Vault for the iPhone and iPod Touch allows you to password protect your videos so you can stop worrying about people stumbling across any of your "private" videos.
Video Vault allows you to upload and download video files from your computer onto your iPhone with just a web browser and a Wi-Fi connection.
Wi-Fi sync works with all major browsers including Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Video Vault supports any movie or audio files that already play correctly on an iPhone or iPod. For movies files, this typically means files with the extensions .mov, .mp4, .mpv and .3gp.
Instructions (video tutorial below)
Setting a passcode
To set a 4-digit passcode simply tap the "Padlock" icon in the bottom right corner. A new screen will appear allowing you to enter a pin and also to confirm it. Next turn the "Passcode" switch below ON and save your changes by tapping the "Save" button in the top right corner.
Uploading a video
- To upload a video directly from your computer onto your iPhone sim ply tap the "Wi-Fi" sync icon in the bottom left corner of the main screen. A new window will appear with a URl address (e.g. http://184.108.40.206:8080). Note that if the URL address displays http://(null):8080 then you are not connected to your home network.
- Next open a web browser on your desktop computer and enter the URL address into your web browser. This will load a web page allowing you to view all videos n your device and also give you the option to upload a video. Simply click the "Browse" button and choose a video on your computer and then finally press "Upload".
App Store ReviewsWorks perfectly
I have uploaded over 90 short MP4's to my touch with no problems whatsoever. Videos play smooth and clear.
Works for me
This app has worked exactly as described. I'd been waiting for someone to come up with a way to password protect videos.
This is exactly what it claims to be and works FLAWLESSLY.
Works as promised
This app worked great.
iPhone App Support - Frequnetly Asked Questions
How do I get this app on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
This app is now available via the App Store, either connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer and download it using iTunes or alternatively download it directly from your iPhone using the integrated App Store feature.
What devices will this app work on?
- This application works on any iPhone or iPod Touch with version 2.0+. The version of your device can be found by plugging the device into your computer and looking at the appropriate device's Summary page in iTunes. The application will not work on any other iPod devices.
I have downloaded the app but I'm having trouble launching the app?
If you are having problems launching a newly purchased application from iTunes then try following troubleshooting steps outlined by Apple -
"Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store"
The application keeps crashing - how do I fix it?
- Try restarting the iPhone or iPod Touch. If the app crashes again remove the application and try reinstalling it.
Step 1: Restarting the device
To turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPhone. To turn iPhone on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Step 2: Removing an app from the device
- Press and hold the iPhone application icon until it starts to wiggle. Press the "X" in the corner of the icon and confirm deletion in the window that appears.
Step 3: Reinstalling a purchased application
- Simply reconnect your device to your computer via USB and use iTunes to re-sync your app
I accidentally deleted my copy of the application. Can I get it back without paying?
To redownload the application to your iPhone, iPod touch, or computer:
Make sure you are signed in with the same account used for the original purchase. Locate the application and click the "Buy app" button or tap the price on the device.
A prompt will appear - "You have already purchased this item. To download it again for free select OK". Click OK to continue with the download.
Still got a problem?
- If you are still experiencing a problem with our application or if you would like to contact us for any other reason please fill out our online form on our contact us page. Thank you!